Sunday, March 9, 2008

The National - Alligator


I figured it was about time for me to post this fantastic album. Every song on this album is a classic. The first track "Secret Meeting" includes the ending harmonies of the guitarist brothers screaming some inconclusive lyrics (but you will still try to sream with whatever you think you hear). Matt Berninger writes some of the most abstract and familiar lyrics, sometimes a word he sings will be something I could never comprehend and also something I feel related to. Here are some of my favorite lyrics.

Secret Meeting - "It went the dull and wicked ordinary way"

Karen - "Karen, believe me, you just haven't seen my good side yet"

Daughters Of The Soho Riots - "I have your dreams and your teeth marks"

All The Wine - Every lyric in this song are fucking ridiculously great, "I'm so sorry but the motorcade will have to go around me this time"

The Geese Of Beverly Road - "We're drunk and sparking, our legs are open. Our hands are covered in cake. But I swear we didn't have any. I swear we didn't have any"

Mr. November - "I'm the new blue blood, I'm the great white hope"

Alligator
Alligator (Disc 2)

2 comments:

lazergumster said...

thank u very much, its music.

Rosarito en la Noticia said...

Greetings from Tijuana, Mexico, an invite to my blog, www.noisejunkie.blogspot.com