Monday, May 5, 2008

Why? - Alopecia


First heard this in a friends car, what a trip that was. Anyways I was really surprised that I have never heard of these guys before then, they are from Cincinnati and they are making music that is simply ridiculous (in a good way). I see some comparisons to Daniel Johnston and Adam Green in terms of random, crazy, and beautiful lyrics. There is definitely some Hip/Hop influences, but it isn't Hip Hop, as they aren't rapping so much as singing like their rapping. More so like absurd beat poetry set to drum tracks and guitars. Listening to each song you are transported so far from where you thought you were, but you end up right where you want to be. -Granted I don't know what any of that means, but its the best way I can describe it-. I read this on Amazon and it seems to put it better "The first time you hear it it's like a jigsaw puzzle, but with only twenty or so pieces giving an incomplete picture. And then each subsequent time you listen more and more pieces appear adding to your enjoyment of the overall picture." Check it out here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy this album I'm glad you posted it for others to get stoked on, Elephant Eyelash the LP before this one is real good too...

gnartoons.com

Unknown said...

Great album and it's hard to get anticon. related stuff on the 'net so hopefully people grab this before it's gone. It's amazing.

Lastwaltzer said...

And its gone, any chance you could try reposting it? I herd this at a friends place the other week (but it was on vinyl so I obliviously couldn't grab it).

Also was wondering if you could post The Band's Northern Lights and Southern Cross (i think thats the title, second to last album). I really appreciate all the great stuff you've been putting up!